Asset Management Data Analyst
Position: Asset Management Data Analyst
Job Category: Data Analysis
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Vacancies: 1 Full-time
Target Start Date: March 2017
Public Sector Digest is currently seeking a full-time Asset Management Data Analyst with a focus on infrastructure data and Enterprise Asset Management Software (EAM).
Data Analysts provide tactical support for the organization by collecting, integrating, and manipulating client supplied financial, infrastructure and GIS data within the organization’s proprietary databases and analytical modeling tools. Direct communication with clients, providing support and training, will also be required. This person will be able to demonstrate skills related to accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to complete time sensitive confidential client data projects.
Responsibilities will include working with clients to develop and recommend a data implementation strategy that best leverages CityWide EAM System functionality according to system and user requirements and industry best practice.
Data analysts also provide some software testing and support, communicating with internal and external stakeholders to interpret, document and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely, professional and customer centered manner.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with cloud software environments and be at the intermediate expert level with technologies including MS Excel, MS ACCESS and have basic knowledge (experiential/educational) of GIS software and/or relational databases Query Languages (such as SQL).
This individual will work in the Asset Management Office within the Public Sector Digest, reporting directly to the General Manager of Asset Management. The position is located in Burlington, Ontario.
- College or University Degree in Information Management, GIS, Accounting or related program
- Attention to detail, excellent communication skills
- Knowledge & experience with application support and/or municipal infrastructure data
- Knowledge & experience with relational databases, cloud or other web and mobile technology
- Knowledge or experience with Infrastructure Asset management and/or Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is a significant asset
- Experience with GIS software and analytical tools is favourable
- Experience with reporting software tools such as COGNOS, SSRS, Crystal Reports is also a significant asset
- Familiarity with CityWide and/or FMW Web Software applications is an asset
- Analyze, leverage and manipulate significant amounts of client infrastructure and maintenance management data with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Develop and recommend a data implementation strategy according to system requirements, client requirements and industry best practice
- Plan, track and communicate throughout data implementation project
- Configure software and provide software support, testing, troubleshooting and training
PSD offers its staff competitive compensation, a generous RRSP matching program and benefits. Apply today and join our growing team.
Submit CV to: careers [at] publicsectordigest [dot] com
Please indicate within the subject line of your e-mail the position you are applying for.
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.