Premier Wynne Outlines Midterm Priorities for Ontario Minister of Infrastructure
As Ontario's Liberal Government reaches the midpoint of its mandate, Premier Kathleen Wynne released letters to ministers' outlining strategic priorities for the remainder of its term. As the Hon. Bob Chiarelli enters his role as Minister of Infrastructure, he is tasked with continuing his government's work in creating the largest investment in infrastructure in Ontario's history. This includes (but is not limited to):
1. Leading the 12-year, $160 billion infrastructure plan
- Refining infrastructure programs to respond to the needs of municipalities and local communities
- Developing reporting standards that will better track infrastructure investments across government and improve public transparency by introducing web-based reporting on the progress of infrastructure projects
- Consulting with municipal partners on asset management plans and develop regulations to promote standardization and consistency by January 2017.
2. Negotiating with the Federal Government on New Infrastructure Agreements
3. Developing Ontario's Long-Term Infrastructure Plan
- Developing a strategic approach to capital planning based on strong analytics that will guide the province’s investments in infrastructure, strengthen the capital planning process and develop a robust infrastructure plan as required by legislation
- Publishing the Long-Term Infrastructure Plan by the end of 2017.
Read the complete mandate letter here.