analytical approach, discussing 'how' and 'why'
formal, authoritative language
creative ideas and sharp insight
relevand and timely evidence
press release approach, discussing only ‘what’ and ‘when’
ambiguity and hesitation (Be bold.)
cliches: 'incentivize', 'optimize', 'synergize'
first person narrative or conversational language
previously published content
- Following a preliminary discussion, PSD and the authors will agree on a topic. We generally leave the specifics to the authors.
- Authors then submit a short abstract outlining their thesis and a general structure for the article.
- We'll communicate our feedback on the abstract to the authors and establish a date for the first draft of the article.
- Once we receive the first draft, we'll make the necessary mechanical and substantive changes. If the article requires significant rework or clarifications, authors will be informed, and a date for the second draft will be established.
- If only minor changes are required, we'll retain the article for publishing. Authors will be informed of the publishing date.
- Once published, we'll forward a PDF copy of the full issue to the authors. If the article is published in one of our four quarterly print editions, authors will receive a hard-copy as well.
- Authors may distribute the article at their discretion, in its unaltered state, with reference to PSD, 30 days after the publishing date. PSD holds all copyrights on the finished product, but not your ideas.
Please forward a high resolution portrait and a short biography (~60 words) along with your first draft. Any graphics, tables, and charts, should also be forwarded in their original format or the highest resolution available.
Contact our Research Team to discuss your editorial contribution.